Thursday, July 28, 2005

the first words

"There is no history, only fictions of various degrees of plausibility."
- Voltaire

"I tell the truth, 'cept when I lie."
- It Only Hurts Me When I Cry, Dwight Yoakum

"If I lie and say you took me for a friend, patched together in my thin bones, will you help me be cunning and noisy as the wind?"
- Riding the Earthboy 40, James Welch

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest; but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
- John F. Kennedy

"Lies, lies, lies"
- Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Edward Albee

"I got no alibis, can't even tell my usual lies"
- Tommy Elskes

"I might come to the end of my life and find out everyone was lying"
- Truth No. 2, Patty Griffin

"Excellency, it's a natural lie to tell, I beg you, stop this now . . ."
- Reverend Hale in The Crucible, Arthur Miller

"I think that jazz and poetry are lies"
- Comanche, Eric Taylor

"The truth is not out there"
- Bart Simpson

"Some folks get spiritual 'cause they see the light, some 'cause they feel the heat."
- Conversation with the Devil, Ray Wylie Hubbard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home